Tune in to ask all your burning questions about Google Stadia.
Is there anything you want to know about Google Stadia? Unsatisfied with what you do know about the newest platform on the scene? Good news, you might get your questions answered at Stadia’s first AMA on Reddit this Thursday, July 18 at 10am PDT.
You might want to brush up on what’s currently known about Stadia to avoid asking unnecessary questions. Here are a few big points to remember:
- At least 28 games will be available at launch. Some notable titles include Baldur’s Gate 3, Samurai Showdown, Final Fantasy XV, and Thumper.
- The release date is November 2019, but we don’t have a specific day yet.
- A $9.99 monthly subscription called “Stadia Pro” will grant access to free games, much like PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold.
- A Founder’s Edition will include a custom controller, a 4k-capable Chromecast Ultra, Destiny 2, three months of the Pro subscription, and a buddy pass that grants a Pro subscription to a friend for free. It will also allow players to claim a unique name with no numerical identifier that usually accompanies a standard Stadia.
- Those who don’t want to opt into a Pro subscription can use the free “Stadia Base” at the sacrifice of 1080p resolution instead of 4K. The Pro subscription will support 5.1 surround sound while the Base subscription will be limited to stereo. Both will allow games to run at 60 FPS.
- Your internet needs to be capable of handling 10mbps download and 1mps upload at minimum for 1080p streaming. 35mbps download is recommended for streaming in 4K comfortably.
- Players can run their games on televisions through Chromecast, desktops, laptops, and mobile devices that have Google Chrome. The Pixel 3 and its variations were the only mobile devices mentioned at Stadia’s connect event.