Too big for just one night!
Tomorrow, Wrestlemania 36 kicks off with an event “too big for just one night.” Yes, on Saturday, April 4, and Sunday, April 5, the biggest wrestling matches WWE has to offer. A few of us here at DualShockers are wrestling fans and wanted to see how WWE 2K20 would predict the marquee matches of the two-day event. Here are the matches we have lined up for our scientific study:
- Shayna Baszler vs. Becky Lynch (WWE Raw Women’s Championship match)
- Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE World Championship match)
- AJ Styles vs. Undertaker ’02 (Boneyard match)
With the lack of commentary, myself (News Editor Michael Ruiz) and Video Editor Mario Rivera took it upon themselves to provide commentary to bring the action to life. You are welcome. You can enjoy the presentation in the video below.
As mentioned, we did use WWE 2K20 to simulate each match. None of us are controlling the characters. In the case of the AJ Styles vs. Undertaker ’02 match, it seems like no one was controlling Styles. But hey, Undertaker is probably going to squash Styles anyways, so I’d say that is pretty accurate. Also, for some reason, Shayna Baszler seems to have stolen the NXT belt from Rhea Ripley. But we’ll just ignore that.
The video is roughly 30 minutes, so strap in. However, if you are short on time, here are the results of each match.
- Shayna Baszler def. Becky Lynch. Baszler is now WWE Raw Women’s Champion.
- Brock Lesnar def. Drew McIntyre. Lesnar retains.
- Undertaker ’02 def. AJ Styles. Styles passes out at a graveyard.
If you want to see if our Wrestlemania scientific study was accurate, WWE 2K20 is available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC right now. You can check out my review where I said, “it really is a drag that the entry with some of the best features just plays like hot garbage.”